Malaysia Visit Visa
Visitors to Malaysia to visit their family, friends will need visit visa. Visa processing will take 5 – 6 working days approximately and maximum visa validity is up to 6 months with the permissible stay of 30 days.
Document Check List
- Passport with validity period not beyond 10 years
- Passport with minimum 6 months validity from the date of arrival
- Handwritten or damaged passport not accepted.
- Passport should consist at least 2 blank pages.
- Photocopies of first & last page of passport.
- Photocopies of all previous Schengen Visas and of valid US and UK Visas.
Visa Application Form/s
- Malaysia visit visa application form
- 2 Passport size photographs not more than 6 months old.
- Size 5 cm X 5.0 cm 60% – 70% face covering of photo in width of the area against white background .
- ITR acknowledgement for the last 3 assessment years or Form 16A
- Bank Statement in Original with bank stamp and signature with minimum balance of INR 30000/- and stating the applicant’s name, address and account number along with Bank’s name, Telephone Number, Bank’s stamp & signature of authorized signatory. (Personal account statement for individuals and business account statement for proprietorship, partnership and private limited company)
- Salary slips – last 3 months (Employee applicant)
- Receipt for Forex purchase OR Latest credit card statement mentioning credit Limit.
- Credit Card Copy
- Airline ticket
- Hotel Confirmation Voucher
Covering Letter – on Self or business letter head as applicable covering below aspects
- Names, Relationship and passport details of all persons traveling.
- Travel purpose, start and return date of travel, total duration of travel.
- Justification of means to meet the travel expenses and sustenance during overseas stay.
Leave Sanction Letter
- For employees, on employer letter head mentioning sanctioned leave period , your position, salary, purpose for travel and providing contact details of the person providing the letter, designation and stamp of the authorised signatory.
- Letter from inviter offering necessary hospitality, relationship with the applicant, duration of stay & details of his/her passport, residential permit, employment details supported by Xerox copy of the documents.
- Original VDR Approval Letter in a sealed envelope comes through the Immigration Department of Malaysia along with a copy of the same. The letter should be addressed to the Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai.
- In case of EVDR – Two print outs of E-VDR approval Letter come through the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The letter should be addressed to the Malaysia Missions in India.
- In case of MDEC – Two print outs of MDEC Approval Letter come through the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The letter should be addressed to High Commission of Malaysia, New Delhi for applicants applying in Delhi, Consulate General of Malaysia, Chennai for applicants applying in Chennai and Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai for applicants applying in Mumbai.
Note: – For Application’s submitted in Mumbai and Chennai if the reference number on the VDR letter starts with ICT then applicant need to submit Original VDR approval letter with 2 copies.
No Objection Letter:
- For Minors Travelling with any one parent or with a third party: Affidavit from the parent/s stating that he/she has no objection to the travel of the minor. The affidavit has to be notarized and legalized by the competent Home Department of the State of Residence. The parent/s resident in Malaysia can make a similar self-declaration with a copy of his/her stay permit and passport. Presence of the parents and minor is mandatory.
- In case of Minor traveling with both the parents: Affidavit of consent is not required, provided that the names of both parents appear on the said minor’s passport.
- NOC for travel from authorised official if working in Government
Additional Documents as per profile and purpose of travel
- Employed : Employment letter
- Professional / Self Employed : Proof of Profession/ Self Employment
- Retired: Bank Statements/FD/Property documents , pension.
- Students: Bonafide Student certificate from the school & school identity card. Letter from school / university for grant of leave.
- if sponsored by relative: Relatives financials (Bank statements, ITR, passport copy, Declaration of sponsorship)
- Marriage certificate, if applicant is married and cannot provide evidence of marital status in the passport; copy of ration card or Joint marriage affidavit along with wedding card & wedding photo.
- If visiting relative: Certificate proving the existence of family relationship.
- Adhaar card copy
Note: If applying in Mumbai – Passenger holding BOM / SIN /BOM ticket need to show Singapore visa and have to mention in covering- letter how they are travelling to Malaysia and how will they buy their ticket. Applicants who have not travelled to Malaysia with the visa issued to him/her earlier, must attach a declaration letter stating the actual reason for failing to travel last time with the valid Malaysian visa. Failure to do so, may risk rejection of the current visa application.
Applicant travelling outside the country for first time or new passport with no prior travel stamps must submit 3 months recent bank statement (Self or Sponsor’s) with original endorsement from bank and support letter from sponsor stating relationship to applicant (exception for minors 17 years and below)
2- Applicants with passport not issued from North and East India need to submit at least one of the mandatory documents listed below as an address proof. a) Copy of Aadhar Card (Both sides) b) Lease and License Agreement c) Utility bill d) Original Society letter e) Bank statement f) Original letter from the company or school/college/institution
- For assistance on visa documentation and processing specific to your profile and purpose of travel kindly call 18002670261.
- For details on Consulate fee, VFS fee, Visaboyo handling fee and other related charges, kindly speak to our VisaBoyo advisors on 18002670261 or write to email@example.com
- The document check list is illustrative and not exhaustive. You may refer to the Consulate or Facilitation Centre website . (wherever applicable)