Japan Visit Visa
Visitors Japan to visit their family, friends will need visit visa. Visa processing will take 05 – 06 working days approximately and visa is valid up to 3 months with maximum permissible stay of 30 days.
Document Check List
- Passport with validity period not beyond 10 years
- Passport with minimum 6 months validity from the date of arrival
- Handwritten or damaged passport not accepted.
- Passport should consist at least 2 blank pages.
- Photocopies of first & last page of passport.
- Photocopies of all previous Schengen Visas and of valid US and UK Visas.
Visa Application Form/s
- Japan Visa Application Form (typed visa form). Handwritten form will not acceptable.
- Application forms for minors (under 18 age) have to be signed by both the parents in both the places.
- 2 Passport size photographs not more than 6 months old.
- Size 2 x 2 inch in width with face covering minimum 70-80% of the area against plain background with color cloths and no ink marks or creases.
- Photograph must be without spectacles and teeth should not be visible.
- ITR acknowledgement for the last 3 assessment years or Form 16A
- Bank Statement for the 6 month period in Original with bank stamp and signature on all pages (Personal account statement for individuals and business account statement for proprietorship, partnership and private limited company)
- Salary slips – last 3 months (Employee applicant)
- Receipt for Forex purchase OR Latest credit card statement mentioning credit Limit.
- Airline ticket
- Hotel Confirmation Voucher
Covering Letter – on Self or business letter head as applicable covering below aspects
- Names, Relationship and passport details of all persons traveling.
- Travel purpose, start and return date of travel, total duration of travel.
- Justification of means to meet the travel expenses and sustenance during overseas stay.
Leave Sanction Letter
- For employees, on employer letter head mentioning sanctioned leave period , your position, salary, purpose for travel and providing contact details of the person providing the letter, designation and stamp of the authorised signatory.
- Letter from inviter offering necessary hospitality, relationship with the applicant, duration of stay & details of his/her passport, residential permit, employment details supported by Xerox copy of the documents.
- Copy of the certificate of alien registration (Both front & back) of Inviter.
- Copy of latest and valid Japan Visa of Inviter.
No Objection Letter:
- For Minors Travelling with any one parent or with a third party: Affidavit from the parent/s stating that he/she has no objection to the travel of the minor. The affidavit has to be notarized and legalized by the competent Home Department of the State of Residence. The parent/s resident in Japan can make a similar self-declaration with a copy of his/her stay permit and passport. Presence of the parents and minor is mandatory.
- In case of Minor traveling with both the parents: Affidavit of consent is not required, provided that the names of both parents appear on the said minor’s passport.
- NOC for travel from authorised official if working in Government
Additional Documents as per profile and purpose of travel
- Employed : Employment letter
- Professional / Self Employed : Proof of Profession/ Self Employment
- Retired: Bank Statements/FD/Property documents, pension.
- Students: Bonafide Student certificate from the school & school identity card. Letter from school / university for grant of leave.
- if sponsored by relative: Relatives financials (Bank statements, ITR, passport copy, Declaration of sponsorship)
- Proof of civil status: Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse.
If marriage certificate not available then joint marriage affidavit to be provided along with wedding card and wedding photo.
- If visiting relative: Certificate proving the existence of family relationship.
- * English translations must accompany the documents not originally in English.
- *All documents print out should be provided in A4 size and no documents should be stapled.
- For assistance on visa documentation and processing specific to your profile and purpose of travel kindly call 18002670261.
- For details on Consulate fee, VFS fee, Visaboyo handling fee and other related charges, kindly speak to our VisaBoyo advisors on 18002670261 or write to
- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- The document check list is illustrative and not exhaustive. You may refer to the Consulate or Facilitation Centre website .